To qualify to move to a long-term care facility, a person must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Meet CCAC eligibility criteria. The person must have health care needs that cannot be met with any combination of caregiving at home.
- Have health care needs that can be met in a Long-Term Care Home.
- Have landed immigrant or Canadian Citizen Status.
- Possess a valid Ontario Health Card.
An out of province resident can apply through CCAC for admission, but must complete an application for OHIP pre-registration for long term care. To obtain an application contact OHIP head office in Kingston Ontario at 1-613-548-6363.